Thursday, November 18, 2004

Incredible Numbers

As a former real estate agent I find Home Sale data fascinating. I must admit, I still can't believe the record pace of the local market. The Massachusetts housing market continued its climb during the July to September period of 2004. Once again, the third quarter brought new sales records for Condominiums and single family homes(well, records were meant to be broken). According to the Mass Association of Realtors, prices rose for the 45th consecutive quarter. Let me write that again 45 consecutive quarters. This is an incredible statistic. Most of the talking heads feel low interest rates are the force behind the high prices. During the third quarter sales of single family homes rose six percent over last year and condominium sales rose 29 percent. Are you ready for this...the statewide median sale price for a single family home is $350,000 (wait a second...I need to pick myself up off the hardwood floor). This is an 11% increase over 2003. The average condo price is up 15% to 268,000 (wait a second...I need to pick myself up off the common floor).
Food for Thought (Low Carb of course): Think you've had it with email spam??? How about this... Bill Gates, the owner/founder of Microsoft, gets over 4,000 emails a day...most of them spam...Now that's a lot of deleting. Spam is Low Carb, isn't it?

No comments: